Today is my first time to try ‘Laddu’, a sweet dessert. It tasted really nice and I love it! But I think it’s excessively sweet. Prolong intakes may trigger diabetes! Then I ask my friend of how’s the sweets are made. This is what he shares with me:
1 cup Besan
1 pinch Kesari
1 pinch Cardamom powder
1 tbsp Rice flour
1 pinch Baking Powder
1 tbsp Melon seeds
1 tbsp Broken Cashew nut
2 cups Oil Sugar
1 cup Water
How to make boondi laddu:
1. Mix the flour, rice flour, baking powder and colour.
2. Make a smooth thick batter. Heat the oil. Take the batter and pour it over a sieve with round holes.
3. Tap it gently with a spoon so that small balls of dough fall into the oil. Make the balls and keep aside. Heat the sugar and water till reaches 1/2 thread consistency.
4. Mix in the kesari melon seed and cardamom powder and fried boondies. When the mixture is still warm make into balls. Bondi Laddu are ready to be served
5. If the mixture cools balls cannot be made as the sugar crystallizes.
According to my friend, this is nice to eat on breakfast!